Kings River Regulations
Here are some floating regulations for our Kings River waterway that will keep the river beautiful, keep you safe and will also keep you from getting a big fat ticket from the warden.
- Styrofoam and glass are not allowed between the banks.
- A floating beverage holder or "koozie" is required for aluminum cans.
- Flotation devices or life jackets are required per person and anyone under 12 years of age must wear one at all times while floating.
- Coolers and containers must be secured in case of capsize so it doesn't litter our beautiful river.
- A state regulated mesh trash bag must be secured in each canoe or kayak and able to be securely closed.
Small Mouth Bass Limit
On the Kings River the smallmouth bass daily limit is two and each must be at least 14 inches long. The section of the river from Trigger Gap to the Highway 62 Bridge is designated as a trophy section. The smallmouth bass daily limit along the trophy section is one and it must be at least 18 inches long. Catch and release is recommended to help increase the quantity and size of large trophy bass.